Friday, October 31, 2008

Just a blurb!

I just wanted to put a blurb in really quick. I feel like all that I say lately is, things have been a bit crazy here. Which is true, but really not all that bad.I uploaded a new cartoon to show just how it's been-I think I've lost the few brain cells that I had:) I think it's funny that before I was a parent I had this all figured out and now I know I truly had no clue. I read in my Devotions today about joy and showing your kids how to be joyful and I wondered in all of this craziness of life when have I showed these little ones any joy. For instance, I had to catch myself tonight while I was getting them ready for trick or treat; they've been so excited for a month that's all they talk about-them and Daddy for the night. Today was wacky as you can imagine.Is it time yet, when will Daddy be home, are my friends going to be at church tonight-I found myself snapping and saying just shush and sit on the couch until I call you to get ready. Well that has joy written all over it doesn't it-I had to step back and remember that children will act like children and that I should lighten up and share in the joys of childhood. I don't know everything, but if I can remember the small thins the Lord points out once in awhile, maybe we can have some joy! Amazing how we know everything before children and what supermoms we were!

2 comments:

The DeGarmos said...

Very true! Cute background someday when I find a moment when I'm not running errands or doing the laundry or dishes I am going to update my blog.

Leslie said...

well, working on the computer for me is more of way to relieve stress-i have to take time to be calm and collect my thoughts and ect. find some joy!

Blog Archive