Saturday, April 24, 2010

Now what...

After all the baby sitting and the many years of caring for sis and brother, and now having children for nearly 9 rs....I am making the same "rookie mistakes" still...as my husbands cousin put it today on fb...

I had the boys lie down for a nap, then realizing my oldest had yet to complete his chores; had him come down and do them. After several hours of going back and forth and many I don't knows, the dishes were completed. He then went and laid down...shortly my the other two awoke from their naps and all was well and quite in the house of the Holschens. They youngest two played nicely and was bathed, fed, and watched a great movie while enjoying hot brownies out of the oven. A few moments ago my oldest awoke and it's now 10:25 pm and guess what. He's not the least bit tired....Oh dear now what do I do.

The other two are slowly crawling into bed with about a million questions about the Silver Stallion, and dreaming of ponies. I remember of dreaming of ponies and wanting to move to High Country in order to see that famous brumbie of Snowy River....Oh the dreams of little girls and little boys make all the craziness of life seem even less important....Of course my daughter is still begging Daddy for a pony of her own. As struggling students I do not seeing that coming true anytime soon, and the pictures on her walls will have to fulfill dreams of galloping hooves.....Some reason my children have no clue that Daddy has limitations and I don't mind, they often say when I get a job....I am proud of there strong work ethic; one day we will take them on that magical ride across beautiful country side.....

So for now, I write with the dreams of magical stallions and the beauty of the Great Outback....and one little boy for some reason seems to actually be going back to sleep... or biding time till everyone else sleeps then he has real fun on his own....
Les

No comments:

Blog Archive