Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow, it's been a busy few weeks!

Like, it's been busy people!


I have no idea where to start other than, geesh, is break time yet!! I have been going nonstop since, well before Christmas and then took it up to crazy busy Since the New Year began.

As you know, I've been taking classes at my Community College here (NOVA), and got a bit behind due to the crazy fall events. However, NOVA doesn't just have semesters; they do the cycles in 8, and 16 week cycles, and sometimes overlap. So I was finishing up one and starting the other at the same time. I have to say a big thank to Maroon 5 and Breaking Benjamin for getting me through the last 3 weeks or so. I have been playing Hands All Over, Phobia, and Dear Agony over and over again, and could probably sing them word for word, all at the highest setting my speakers can handle. To the point I could actually here downstairs in another room. I have great speakers! It's how I write though, the music drowns out all the distractions in my head of, I need to do this or that, kiddos ready for school, blah, blah....I love the way beats keeps me focused and going and I wonder if I should take up drums to make me a better keyboardist-I think it would teach me to keep a beat-I love it! I also love Rock Band, but don't think I'll be able to join a band anytime soon, one day....I do know one day I'll at least be recording them! Sorry, rabbit trail. I did however make it and did some amazing papers, and without a doubt could pursue a career in it if I chose. However, I am so excited to be taking my first engineering class this month, more of an overview of the industry, but stoked none the less!!!!!

Well, waiting paid off for us. We now own a Honda Accord, and the best part is, it’s paid for. I am thrilled. Our lease was up on the dodge, and we were paying way too much, and it would still be too much if we switched it over. So we decided to wait and pay cash for something, and we found two cars we loved. One a beautiful, BWM which was a little high on miles and at the top of our range, and a Honda that was not the dream car, but a good one. We were set to get the Bmer, but alas, DC being DC, traffic was somehow crazy that night. The guy himself was late coming home by several hours-a complete fluke. Once I finally made it in, I got lost for the first time in nearly two years, only to realize that I was in the right spot, and went the complete opposite direction…Yah, I know…It was dark, and I’m a visual person. I’ll never remember a name, but I will know exactly what bakery, train stop, and where to turn left at a light if I can see it well in the day. I had only dropped James at work once before, so, yah. So, obviously it was too late at that point to go get a car and hour away, we spoke with the guy, who was still stuck 2 hrs away coming back from Baltimore, and said we’d com by in a day. (He was having a medical procedure done and not up to it next day.) Then when we texted to remind him, he said his wife sold it when he went in and didn’t even tell him. I cannot say how bummed we were-it was a dream car. Fully loaded with an amazing sound system too! We then looked back at the Honda, and decided to give it a go, especially since we really shouldn’t be driving the truck until James can drop the engine in (in freezing temps in NoVA) So we needed to get this done while he was off and us both out of classes. Once again we trek with kiddos in tow, back to DC to see, the Honda, the family car….We pulled up and it was love at first sight. Nothing fancy, other than a ski rack yaya! It was maintained amazingly, ALL records there and by some amazing people, folks I would hang out with. They had two amazing kiddos and were truly interesting to meet. It drives great, gets great gas mileage, has fewer miles on it, the kind of car we can fix ourselves if need be, and it’s a Honda, which everyone knows will last forever!!! So I am thrilled, not only do we have two paid for cars, they are both great! Not bad for a bunch of college kiddos.

I also got my first bike I will use in my First Triathlon!!! I am so stoked for this. It’s a hybrid, kinda like a road bike that sits up in the shape of a mountain bike. Very light weight, but not intimidating like the road bike was that I tried. I am looking forward to breaking this bad boy in! Since I’ve switched over to water during the day and only one glass of sweet tea at most a day, and eating consistently and healthy, I’ve already dropped 3.5 lbs. I’ve just got going on training, I am so excited!!!! I can’t wait to see what I look like in July for my triathlon!!!

So here we are, into the first few weeks of the year, and it’s shaping up to be a great one!

Les

No comments:

Blog Archive